As a YouTube beauty video fanatic, one of my favourite types of videos to watch are Empties; a video of products that were all used up or being thrown away and how they worked. Let me know if you’ve tried these products and how they worked for you.
1) Garnier Pure Control Pimple Tinted Corrector: this roller ball application is easy to use but it does not apply evenly. This makes it tricky for spot treatments. Once applied, the coverage is not the greatest, nor is the staying power. What does stick around oxidizes and becomes flakey. I have not noticed any affect to blemishes either. I believe there must be something better out there. I will not be repurchasing this.
2) EOS – St Barth’s Sunrise Pink Grapefruit from Rachel Roy’s collection: I enjoy EOS lip balms. I enjoy their texture, the format of the ball (easier to identify in my purse than a cylindrical tube) and the scents/flavours I have had in the past. This scent however just does not do it for me. It is a spot on for the scent of a grapefruit but I don’t want to rub it on my lips multiple times a day. While downsizing my collection, this one met it’s demise. Next time I need to purchase lip balm, I will probably get another Summer Fruit – I cannot get enough of that one!
3) Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Profector B.B. Cream in Light/Medium: This is probably my tenth tube of this stuff. I find the thickness of this cream to work well when applying with fingers, beauty blender or stippling brush. The coverage is great with my complexion. The colour may be a touch dark but it’s easier than the usual attempt to mix two foundations to try and get the proper colour. I use it on weekends when I go light on my makeup and use it more times than not in my daily work makeup routine. I have already repurchased this product but have often wondered what else is out there. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
4) Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 202-Crush : it’s a beautiful coral colour in the tube but it is too orange once applied for my liking with my complexion. The formula is nice, the pigmentation and staying power is good without drying out my lips. It even smells pretty good! I will probably look at this line of lipsticks next time I am at the drugstore for a different colour to try.
5) Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer in 15-Fair: Already repurchased! Great pigmented, blend-able concealer. The wand application makes it great for anything from spot coverage to concealing and brightening the under eye area. I am definitely a fan of this product!
6) Physician Formula’s Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Pressed Powder: I bought this a couple of years ago. I wasn’t happy with it from the get go but I was determined to hit pan. I was starting to think that it was never going to happen. The lack of pigmentation and product coming up on my brush left me little hope. Finally! A spec of pan in the middle of my bronzed and I rushed to Sephora to purchase NARS Laguna. I don’t anticipate repurchasing that bronzer ever.
7) Rexall Brand – Hydrating Make-Up Remover Cloths: I have tried a few different brands of wipes depending on what was on sale when I needed more. I cannot in good faith recommend these. They are rough and I felt as though I was rubbing worn out sand paper on my face. I have only used a few of these wipes but will be tossing the remaining wipes in the garbage. On to another brand!