Tomorrow we head to the poles. This is my third and final synopsis of platform for major federal parties. At this point, I am still undecided about whom to vote for but am happy that I have educated myself on what the parties stand for.
Here is what I found out about the Liberal Party’s platform:
Justin Trudeau is the son of former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau. He is also the grandson of James Sinclair, former member of the House of Commons. The biggest comment that we have heard about Justin from his competitors is that he is “Just Not Ready”.
Wen I headed over to http://www.liberal.ca , I found out that there is a 3 point plan that they are pushing for.
- Create jobs by investing in infrastructure while interest rates are low.
- Cut taxes to the middle class, but increase it by 1% for the wealthy.
- Invest in affordable housing and childcare to create a smaller lower class and a bigger middle class.
Some of the finer points of this plan is to:
- create paying jobs for those coming out of school
- putting a price on carbon in hopes on improving the nation’s carbon footprint
- lowering the cost of education
- Doing something about all the missing indigenous women
- Investing in our military
Honestly there is a long list on their site. It is the easiest of the 3 sites to navigate and definitely has the most information. the liberal party is promising a LOT.
Oh and did I mention legalizing marijuana? Justin also says that should he win this election, he will tell Putin off to his face. If Justin wins and follows through with that, I hope that someone gets that on tape.
I have a feeling that no matter which way this election goes tomorrow, it will be a minority government and a lot of what is being promised will not pass in parliament. We may very well be back at the polls in a couple of years to try and have some change from the gridlock that we will have in our federal government… Just my thoughts!
My fellow Canadians, tomorrow show me that you voted! Comment below or send me something on social media!