Let’s cut to the chase: I don’t eat breakfast.
I love breakfast foods but I don’t eat them at breakfast time. I do not eat before I go to work, even on weekends I rarely eat before noon.
Breakfast is very important, and I know that. It helps to wake up your metabolism, curb that mid-morning hunger, and can even put you in a better mood.
For the month of February, I am going to attempt to eat breakfast every single day. I have put some thoughts into this and thought about my usual habits. Here are some ground rules to (hopefully) keep me in line:
- Pop Tarts are not breakfast, even if they are really tasty
- Breakfast shakes and smoothies don’t count either
- Need to eat before I leave the house (not getting tater-tots at work)
- Need to include protein – a piece of fruit doesn’t do the job
- Need to include at least 2 food groups
I already know that I am going to struggle with this. I have thought up a few things to help myself be successful:
- Oatmeal can be topped with pretty much anything: fruit, veggies, spices, bacon, milk… just not all those things at once. Oatmeal can also be made ahead of time and reheated.
- Peanut butter has protein. Jam has fruit. Put on some bread to get that third food group.
- There are a lot of different ways to make eggs. I am sure I can explore some new options.
- Waking up earlier and taking time to sit down and eat in the morning is less stressful that running late and forgetting things. Breakfast time will give me a chance to collect me thoughts and plan for the day.
I have set my alarm to go off earlier than ever and my fingers are crossed that this works out! If anyone has any tips, suggestions for a good balanced, but quick, breakfast, please let me know! I have a feeling I will be on Pinterest trying to find some creative things.